Sandi Buttrey is a qualified social worker registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and has worked with children and families in many different roles for over 25 years. Sandi is passionate about good practice and the development of others working in social care and other linked professions who work with children, young people and their families.
Sandi continues to work with other professionals to ensure her practice remains current, child focussed and is regularly updated with training, research and practice.
Most recently Sandi has held the role of School Safeguarding Officer for East Sussex County Council based within the Standards and Learning Effectiveness Service for two years working with educational establishments across the county.
During this time Sandi had the opportunity to:
- lead on the development of training for Designated Safeguarding Leads, school leaders and governors, this included whole school safeguarding training and bespoke training.
- collate and analyse data from the 2015/16 safeguarding audit and report to the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) with recommendations for targeted areas for development
- be a member of the LSCB safeguarding audit subgroup
- undertake investigations and complaints regarding standards of safeguarding in schools
- undertake safeguarding practice reviews
- respond to general safeguarding queries on safeguarding practice and provide support and advice to schools where the issues were not case specific, including providing intensive support to schools where there had been critical safeguarding incidents such as peer on peer abuse.
- take a lead on the development of best practice in record keeping including focussed review of files in school, development of analysis and risk assessment skills and writing the current record keeping guidance.
- supported DSL network meetings
- present workshop at East Sussex education safeguarding conference
Prior to this Sandi has held a number of roles in East Sussex Children’s Social Care including practice manager in a Duty and Assessment team, Child Protection Adviser and Independent Reviewing Officer in East Sussex.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Sandi on 07522 995994 or use our