Supervision service to schools and other organisations
Supervision is a key element of providing the right support to frontline staff working in the challenging field of child protection, safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and their families. It provides a confidential, dedicated safe space for Designated Safeguarding Leads and others involved in safeguarding to:
- Reflect upon their role, responsibilities and case management; reflecting upon success and challenge building confidence
- Develop skills and knowledge within the supervisee’s practice area
- Support the supervisee with the personal emotional impact of the work
- Develop skills and strategies to plan and use professional resources to best advantage
- Ensure continuing Professional Development to remain current with practice, research guidance and policies and identifying individual and establishment training needs
- Engaging with the organisation targets and systems
- Improve overall performance and outcomes for pupils
Supervision will also provide reassurance to senior leaderships teams and governors of the quality of safeguarding practice in the establishment and meet the requirements of key statutory guidance (i)
The supervision programme has been developed with a flexible structure to support the needs of specific establishments, these can be tailored to a mutually agreed level of need including 1:1 supervision delivered face to face; a combination of face to face and Skype based supervision; group supervision; additional telephone support/consultation and action learning sets are also available.
All supervision will be supported by a supervision contract, written records and confidentiality agreements. Recognised evidence based models will be utilised including restorative supervision and four by four model.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Sandi on 07522 995994 or use our contact page.